Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

04 January 2004

And it's offical. The nervousness is HERE. It seems to arrive in waves, creeping futher up the beach. I feel soon there will be a flood. I saw a movie called "The Spanish Apartment" last night, and that seemed to start it all. The main character was going from Paris to Barcelona for a year of graduate school, and the scenes of him leaving, the nervous apprehension, the sense of an ending, really hit home for me. I knew this was coming, tried to prepare for it, but how? I asked steve-0 about how he dealt with homesickness in Mexico, apparently email will have a rush for me like never before. I can already picture myself making phone calls just to listen to people's voices on VM. I keep reminding myself that this was coming and that it will pass. Like going back to school, but different, same but different. So I march foward, dragging along the butterflies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home