Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

30 August 2004

Okay, okay, I'll write Ma. I don't know why you're complaining, I've talked with you twice in the past week!!! Oh, I see, this is about the greater good, you'd rather I spent that time blogging as opposed to chatting with you and the fam. So we didn't end up spending the weekend at Mikkel's parents house, but we did have a lovely dinner up there. This past weekend was great. On Friday night we were eating dinner at Mikkel's place without any plans, when we get the bright idea that Karoke would be a fun night. Now I have tried my hand at Karoke before and have concluded that I sing as nice as a goose that is being tortured, but I was pushing hard for Karoke, this is what happens when you get into a good bottle (or two, or three) of red wine. We hit up the local Karoke bar till 3:30, walked home, then I rode home. Next day was a wonderful brunch at the "newest, hippest, coolest, (and a lot of "est" words)" brunch joint in Kobenhaven. And they did have really good food. Saturday night was quite, funny that, out till 3:30, sleep late, stay home that night. Sounds good.
BUT SUNDAY WAS FUTBALL DAY!!!!!! That's right, after vicious rumors of not being able to see any games due to a labour conflict, I got to see FCK, or Futball Club Kobenhaven. I did add the FCK just because, well, it looks like another word, like FCUK, or French Connection United Kingdom a popular fashion company. BUt that is unimportant, what was important was footie, and footie we watched. FCK went down early to 0-1, fought back to tie the game 4mins later 1-1. Went down another four minutes later 2-1, tied it up 2-2, then went ahead 3-2. All in the first half. Second half had the makings of a defense battle on FCK's side and an offensive push on the "other" guys side. That changed when one of FCK's players kicked a defender while he was on the ground. Whoops. Red card. 10 men for the last 25mins of the game. Fortunately our boys held out and won.
This week looks to continue with the relaxing part of the holiday. Dinner tonight with Ole and Ingers (mikkel's parents) friends from Canadia, a wine tasting this coming weekend. 50 Italian wines (seeing me crying in joy?). That's about it for now. See you all soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home