Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

05 September 2004

I have survived!! Despite heavy setbacks early in the weekend, I lived. The wine tasting on Friday was a great time. Most of the wines were a little young, and some were downright awful. But much fun was had. I paid 60kroner for a glass of Joseph Phelps Insignia, I wanted Mikkel, Peter and Casper to taste a California Cab. Best wine I tasted that night. After the wine tasting we went back to Mikkel and Karen's apartment to regroup before heading off to a really nice club. This club was a bit of a "who's who" in Kobenhaven. It was fun to brush shoulders with the high society, but certainly not pay those prices for drinks. I bought a round of drinks (5) for 550 kroner. Now there are about 6 kroner in a dollar. SO 600k is $100. FIVE DRINKS for almost a hundred bucks. Damn. That night turned out to be particularly rough. When it ended at 4am, I had been going for almost 10hrs. When Mikkel called me that afternoon, I was barely alive. We headed off to the beach with Karen and her friend Liv. When we parked the car, I found a nice plant to donate my breakfast to. The rest of the day went much better. Well, most of it did. We went off to the Demark-Ukraine game at 7. Grabbed some dinner and our seats. ROW 8. Field level. I don't think that better seats existed. Lower down and you can't see the whole field, further up and, well, you're further up. We could hear the cursing, the punch of the shoes on the ball. Awesome. Denmark went up 1-0 early in the first half, but Ukraine came back to tie the game 1-1 mid way through the second half. The game ended with this score, sure I wanted Denmark to win, but really I wanted to see a good football match and I did. After that was the Tuborg Green Beats concert. Five DJ's doing house, techno, and drumb and base. Good stuff, music was a bit loud, but the beer was free thinks to Pernille and our free VIP passes. Again it was another night of the"who's who" of Kobenhaven. Drummers from this band, TV personalities, etc, OH! and Mikkel Thulin was there! Man that guy is cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home