Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

17 April 2004

This was a lazy day. Washed a t-shirt this morning, then lounged around the house reading. I actually had the audacity to take my shirt off and read on the balcony on the third floor. I feel very strange doing this, as I wear a shirt and pants most of the time. I have a great tan on my arms, but the rest of me is pretty damn white. I'm wearing shorts now while riding the bike, but pants at school. The legs zip back on. No one said anything, but it was more a self conscious thing. At home I love nothing more than wearing just shorts. At about 2:30, I decided to leave and just ride the cycle around town ( I have changed cycles. The "new" one is single speed, steel, a nice spungy seat for my big ass, and brakes that wouldn't stop a go-cart rolling on a track). Mostly just meandered the back streets aroung Durbar Square and Kanti Path (this is where they held the protests). On my way there I rode through another protest for Human Rights. This is the third protest that I have been through in the past week. I don't know what the first two were for, but they were there. One was quite small, but they were burning tires. How many times in your life have you actually seen this happening? For me, it is a very passionate display of one's feelings. The only problem was that there were only 20 people milling about this tyre burning. C'est la Vie. For some really good news of the goings on in Nepal, do a google search for: Nepali Times. They are a great weekly, with some good critizism of Mr. GWB. Reminds me of reading the SF Bay Guardian.
Oh, and the reason that I look 14 is that I shaved. No more Bokka. I like it better with than without. Pictures to follow. Patience. Patience. :D


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home