Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

23 October 2006

Cornucopia





Got back on the pitch yesterday for the first time in awhile. Been really busy with Runt's wedding and travel. I could have played the weekend I got back from Europe, but I was really tired. I did get Nuno his jersey, a Deco FCB jersey, he loves it.








I guess I owe a recap of Europe. I got into Paris on a Wednesday morning, caught the metro to meet Claire, hand off my checked luggage, and spend the day wandering Paris. I did the usual, but much slower. St. Chappelle, Notre Dame, Arc' D Triumph, and the Louvre. The Louvre is for louvers. Spent about three hours there. Then an hour sitting on a canal watching the world move by. The next few days were packed with pre-wedding preping and drinking. The wedding it's self was awesome. Nico and Marie looked wonderful. Nico had the coolest tux I'd seen. The ceremonies (yes, ceremonies) were great. The reception, however, was AMAZING. It started at 6pm and the OLD people, like your grandparents age, left around 3am. I left at 5 and opened a bottle of champange in the car on the drive back just to make sure I'd had enough to drink. The highlight of the evening was cutting in on two attractive sisters and dancing with both of them to Elvis Crespos "Suavemente"....Great stuff.









Monday was a short plane ride to Kobenhavn to see Mikkel and Karen for a few days. This portion of the trip was a lot more mellow. We spent a fair amount of time sitting around drinking espressos and trying to find ways for me to move to Denmark or discussing his impending fatherhood, the state of the world, his, mine and everyone's. On the days that he worked I wandered Kobenhavn not being lost. It was surprising how much I recall about how to get around this wonderful city. I guess it's not the most fantastic city I've been to, but it feels so much like home because it's Mikkel's home and as he is my brother, it is my home as well. We went to a museum called the experimentium and they had all these little experiments based on all sorts of things, balance, vision, vocal abilities (how loud can you be?), everything was a little competition between us and the best was: who can be more relaxed. That was so funny. Sitting there trying to be more relaxed than the person sitting across from you, but thinking about beating them at the same time, we couldn't even finish it. Of course no trip to Kobenhavn is complete without a trip to the clubs, we obligated ourselves to this and had a blast. Reviving a tradition from 2004, we hit up for the 4am kebob. AWESOME. Friday was a chill day spent in the city, then off to the airport, back to Paris and home on Saturday morning. A whirlwind, but worth it to see Mikkel, Karen, Nico and Marie.

Time to hit the sack. I'm getting old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home