Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

15 October 2006

Marrieded..........Last man standing..........



My sister got married yesterday. It was a wonderful ceremony, my brothers' and I performed the ceremony. It was nice to see Claire so happy, she's been looking forward to this day for, forever...
I was surprised at how stressful the whole thing was for me. I think it was for a few reasons. Claire is the youngest, my only sister and I am just little protective of her. Of course the other reason is that I am now the only one who is not married in my immediate family. This doesn't bother me, but it's funny to see how everyone lives have developed over the past 3-5 years. Keith has been married for three years, Alex and Michelle for one year ( i still owe them a present), and five years ago Claire and Nick hadn't met. I was engaged and almost married four years ago. Maybe it was five. It's surprising to think that at 25 I thought I had my life all figured out. If I had gotten married there are so many things that would be different in my life. I wouldn't change a single decision I have made in that time. It seems that you are offered a choice at a particular time in your life and it is up to you to choose this path or that one. Neither is wrong, but one is offered that seems so fitting that to not choose that pre-ordaned or destined path, you could be putting yourself further into the rut that you are stuck in.
Quote from the weekend- After taking off my shirt and dancing with me to Village People's YMCA, a wonderful friend of my mom's said, "Thanks for giving an old lady a a thrill." Yee-haa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home