Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

03 February 2004

The near final count down is HERE. 9 days left. Just got back from a grand time in Yosemite. Steve-0 and I drove up there on Sunday, hiked to Bridalvale Falls, then drove about the valley. Yesterday we hiked up to Mirror Lake. I walked out onto the ice (sorry Ma, it justed begged to be done), we caught Half Dome as the clouds were just breaking. Breath taking. Hopefully I'll get the pix on oFoto and you can see them. Actually, that's my goal is to be able to post photos from Nepal with my digital camera, INSTANT feed back. On the drive home today there was a "minor" spin out. A little counter steering at a lucky time and we only ended up inbedded in the snow back more firmly than a journalist in the Marines. THANKS TO THE FOREST SERVICE FOR DIGGING US OUT!!! Tomorrow is moving day, I'm still packing. This causes me some concern, but I'll get through it. Not much else to report, OH, except that I STILL DON'T have my plane ticket. OH, and I'm canceling my return flight in order to travel west from Nepal, perhaps through India and Turkey (Darren-if I make it there you best come up to visit, even if only for the day). That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home