Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

22 February 2004

Not much has happened in the past two days. Rajesh and I went hiking yesterday to the top of Nagarjun. 5k up, 800m. 3.1m, 2400ft. Two hours. ON TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN, there is a Buddist Stupa. [ Stupa's- They are literaly everywhere. There is one on the walk from my house in Dhapasi to Rajesh's. Some of them are very ornate, some not so. They are all religious monuments. Because of this, you walk with the stupa on your right. The right side of you body being the "clean" part of the body (you wipe with your left hand, hence, not clean)]. Actually there are three stupas. One is 400 or 500 years old, the second two or three hundred, and the third, and most ornate, 5 years old. I can't imagine how they got the material up there to build the stupas. It boggles the mind in the same way as the construction of the pyramids. Today was off the theatre to see a Nepali movie. Wow. It was bad. I didn't understand a word and followed the plot very well. And the acting. I wanted to laugh in the dramatic moments. Now I'm here. Rough day. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home