Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

18 February 2004

Well, email checking is a little tough, but apparently I can get into my blog. Yesterday I rode bikes with Rajesh (program director) from Dapasi to Thamel, Durbar and the Palace. If world class cyclists had to train on these bikes, they wouldn't need drugs. One speed, and it weighs 30 bloody pounds. Great work out. My ass hurt today b/c of it. It was a beautiful ride. Bit of polution though. We had lunch in a "restaurant" that served traditional Newari food. I felt a bit like I imagine that pop felt eating in Vietnam with the village chiefs. I didn't want to know what I was eating, but working in a grocery store, I KNEW. Steve-0, you can kiss my touchas. I ate things that you wouldn't. Today is national extortion day. J/K. There is a festival today, so the kids put ropes accross the rode in order to extract a fee. It's only a ruppe, little bastards. Reminds me of a lemonade stand that comes with La Cosa nortra attached. I had grilled cheese for lunch today. Parmesian grilled cheese. It WAS heavan. I think that's all for now. I'll drop a line soon. Miss ya!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home