Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

03 May 2004

All is well in Nepal. This past weekend I went to a town call Kirtipur with the volunteers from the April program. Several of them asked why I didn't spend time with the volunteers from my program. They were quite surprised to hear that I have been here on my own. When I think about it, all that I have seen, done, and experienced has basically been mine. I didn't have other people to share this with, so I told them I was despirately trying to be adopted by their group. We're having pizza tonight. :D I'm pathetic. J/K. In other news, I spent a bit of time today (in class) mapping out the rest of my time Kathmandu, and then trying to put together the plans for the rest of the journey. Time, althouth it looks long, is actually very short. Tomorrow is a holiday here, Bouddha's Birthday, so no school. The majority of the festival will be in Lumbini, his birthplace, 7hrs from KTM and locally at Swayumbunath. I'm thinking that I'll go there. Spent yesterday evening in Patan, what a wonderful place to be in the evening. The view over Durbar Sq Patan was amazing. After sunset they lit hundreds of butter lamps in the Square, I got several pictures that will be up on Wednesday here, you should have them on Wednesday there. Thanks for reading. Oh, and has anyone gotten a postcard? I have send 20 or so. Just wondering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home