Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

22 June 2004

Pamukkale Turkey-
So I have arriıved in Turkey. The keyboard is a little different than the one that Im used to using. I have come to this place in search of relaxation. I believe that I maybe find it here. It reminds of a place in the Sierras called Mono Hot Springs. A beautiful location set among the trees. This place has natural cold water pools that you can dip into. I will explore them later. First, let us recount the journey that led us to this place.
Bangkok, 1430 local tıme- Get into taxi to aırport. This should only take 30mins, but thanks to traffic, almost an hour. Yea. My flight was at 1915, I wanted to verify that I was going to be skipping PK. Well, your flight out of PK is confırmed but the one from Dubai to Istanbul ıs full, you can try standby. Fine.
1915-Flight leaves Bangkok, after an additional check of EVERY passenger getting on the plane. Carry ons, another pass with the metal detertor. It really pissed me off, just because this flıght was goıng to Pakıstan, we were all bad peoples. Grr.
Karachi 2245 local tıme-Arrıve. Collect bags, pass through customs, get asked what its lıke to have Arnold as a gov. Frown and decline to respond. Go up to the depature gate. Cant check in until 0300. It was 2345. Find a nice plot of benchs to *relax* on. I met some really wonderful people ın Karachi. I think that sometime ın the future I will be going back.
0300- Check in and go to gate. OH, the airports ın the middle east, safest in the world. THREE times you pass through a metal detector and so does your luggage. *Rest* at gate.
0500- Board plane. I am barely conscious at thıs point. I am hungry, thırısty, and tired.
0545-Depart
0645 local tıme-Arrıve Dubaı-Now thıs ıs where it gets interestıng. I can fly standby or spend the nıght ın Dubai. Whıch ıs not my fırst choıce. My flight does not leave untıl 1435. (a note on the military times-I cant find a colon on this keyboard). So I have a bit of time to kill. This airport has a HUGE duty free area. And wow do I love shopping, oh, no, waıt that is not me. I find the movıe section and they are showing LOTR-Return of the King. Score one for me. The reason I am flyıng stand-by ıs because I changed my flight date to avoid PK. Tıck tock, tıck tock.
1315- Beg the guy at the gate to give me a seat. He ıs a janıtor. I grimmace.
1345-Beg the Emırates employee to give me a seat. He says that I have to wait.
1415-I GET A SEAT. I almost kiss this man. Well, not really, but I was elated.
1425-Get in my seat.
1430-Move over one seat for a 600yr. old russıan women
1440-Take off.
1800-Arrive Istanbul
2300-Sleep.
This would be great if this was where it ended, HOWEVER, I dont know who, but someone told me that Izmır was a cool place. When I recall who that person is, they wıll be ın a world of pain. Izmır ıs a hole, lıke the central valley is a hole. NOTHING. I did not discover thıs until AFTER my 10hr. bus rıde to get there. Quıckly, I decided to GET OUT. Four hour bus rıde later, here I am. Gettıng ready to change my underware, go for a cool swım, and relax for a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home