Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

10 June 2004

So I've finally but some of my thoughts together about leaving Nepal. I can't believe how sad I was to go. Natalie and Leonoor came to the guest house to say good bye. Having been in Thailand for almost 5 days now, I can truly say that I left home. I almost spoke in Nepali to help someone who was trying to order in a restaurant the second night that I was here. I keep shaking my head from right to left to say yes thinking that people understand what I am saying. At times I feel like I would rather go back there than continue on my round the world journey, but I know that there are pleanty of adventures to be had in the place that I am and the places that I am going.
My ticket to Karachi has been changed. I arrive there at 8pm on the 20th and leave on the 21st at 5:45 for Turkey. This gives me pleanty of time to do the things that I want, but not early enough to see some people who are passing through there.
My time in Thailand has been nothing less than epic. I met an American in the airport in Kathmandu from San Fran. We chatted for awhile and he seemed to be an allright guy, so we decided to share a room. After we found a hotel, we went out to get a bite to eat. While there we met a really cool Indian guy named Surhil (sunny) and his Thai friend Panya. After getting a bite, the four of us of went to a bar for a few beers. The other American proceeded to get totally plastered and fall on the floor at the bar. It was at this moment that I realized I need to find another place to crash that evening. Panya, being a really generous asked if I wanted to crash at his place. LOVE TO!!!!! Meanwhile Sunny was getting plastered. To the point that I ended up carrying him, my 35kg of shite down the street while Panya found a cop to unlock his tyre. CLASSIC. We woke up on Thrs. AM at around 10. Made a few calls and decided to goto Phuket. Drove to the airport. Arrived there at 11:45 for a 12:45 flight, sat down to eat some breakfast. I hear them call final boarding for our flight, we run down, catch the plane and fly to Phuket. On the way we met a really nice English guy traveling with an Irish girl (friends). We all ended up in a small town called Kata on Phuket for the night. That evening we caught some Mhuy Thai Kick Boxing. Lots of fun. Woke up the next morning and decided to goto Ko Phi Phi Don. They wanted to dive and I wanted to get certified. So this is where I am. Working on my PADI cert, today I did an open water dive in calm seas only to come up to a 1m (3.3ft) swell and a 45min boat ride from the beach. My stomach and I argued the whole way in about where lunch was going to end up. I won. Rather unfortunately my brain hasn't felt right all day. A bit woosey. Tomorrow I have three dives left to do, I'm pushing for beach dives, but don't think that I'm going to win. C'est la vie. Then on Tuesday I'm headed back to Bangkok for some "rest" and a little sight seeing. One of the volunteers (leonoor) is going to be flying in from Kathmandu on the 17th, so I'm going to try and see her. Then on the 20 it's off to Turkey. Well the internet cafe is closing now, it's 11:00 and France is playing England in the Euro Cup tonight, I hope to get a good night's sleep. Love to you all. Pictures when I get back to Bangkok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home