Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

19 May 2004

Banda Day Three- Still no protests. A few minor adventures were had last night. Riding back from Thamel to Battisputali, we came accross a large puddle, feet raised off the pedals(this is done b/c you don't know WHAT is in the water. And lately there have been lots of overflowing sewage lines), we coasted through. In the "street lights" we saw another ahead, same tactic was adopted. It worked. For about 15ft. before the wheels began plowing through more water. "OH SHITE, PEDAL!!!!" I shouted. Slowly the wheels were getting lower and lower into the water, the right foot hit the water, the left travels through the water, the right ankle, the lower left calf, the right mid calf, peddaling is not difficult, I cannot see the end of the puddle. How deep does it go? What if I hit a pothole? PEDAL, PEDAL, PEDAL!!!! The diffcultly of this is not large, if you haven't recently brused your right knee. The left mid calf, the right lower calf, the left ankle, the right foot, the left shoe. Nasty.
I'm going to the clinic today thanks to the suggestion of my parents that my, shall we say "condition" could affect the rest of my travel. Damn them for being practical. I also found out this morning that there will be another Banda on 2 June, then again a three day starting on 10 June. The day I leave, that would be appropriate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home