Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

06 May 2004

What an interesting time the past few days. After posting the blog on Wednesday, I called my buddies at the store to say hello. What a pleasure to talk to them after so long. They are all happy, Ty thinks that Dal Ba'at is Dogs Butt, but I'm not really surprised. After that I started riding home, it was about 6:45. I made the usual right just off the palace towards the Amarit Sicence College, when things went a little awry. The police were still there, they are usually gone around 5, the rode still blocked except for cycles and stupid tourists. I'll take number two, Chuck. The students were still protesting. Yea for me. I stopped, what the hell, I'll get a few pictures. Survey SAYS: WRONG. How about a little tear gas? Oh, sure I'll buy that for a dollar. 15mins later after it had dispursed, I ran through the vast expanse of broken bricks and rocks. As I looked back, the students were gearing up for another assult, I think they were using me b/c the cops couldn't throw back. Another canister of TG. RUNNING. SPRINTING!! MOTHERF'ER!!! Remount the cycle, ride through the onlookers, and bam, the restaurants are open and life is normal. Just another day in Kathmandu.
I'm renewing my visa today and am having "trouble" so I can't make it to school. Nima and I are going on a cycle tour that we didn't finish a few weeks back tomorrow. Next week there is a two day Banda, then the week following a three day one, and the week after that I miss three days for the rafting and Chitwan protion of the trip. The time is starting to run short. I can still recall getting off the plane, and the first car ride. I blinked and it was gone.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home