Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

15 May 2004

The past day or so has been a bit rough. I've been making frequent trips to the bathroom, this is not so fun. I'm taking today off from school in order to recover. Other than that, I had a great time on Friday night with the other volunteers, we spent 5000r on dinner for 10. I had spaghetti with chicken, bruschetta, tiramisu, Baileys, and an espresso. That was wonderful. About 5 of us were out till 12:30. It's interesting how spending time in a place like Thamel makes me feel uncomfortable. All the people who "don't" belong are there. But aren't I one of those? This isn't my country, I am only a vistor, however I feel as though this has become a place for me, so when I see people who are just traveling through I feel like they aren't really seeing Nepal. One of the other volunteers, Stijn from Belgium, and I were talking about this on Friday. I get the sense that he's a lot like me when at home, and doesn't really do the bar scene. I'm supposed to bike to Bhaktapur where he is teaching during the Banda this week and hang out. That'll be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home