Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

23 May 2004

Another quick visit to the doctor's today. Some strange gasesousness. Some pretty foul smelling belchs that feel like they have vomit behind them. The nurse told me that this is not a good time for expats in Nepal. The change in weather causes lots of bacteria to grow. Her exact words "stick to food you are used to eating to make your last two weeks more comfortable." I love it. As I write this my stomach is gurgling. Yea. I don't feel really ill, just lots of gas. Grrr.
I've been trying to figure out why life in Nepal isn't as interesting as it was the first two and a half months that I was here. At first I thought that it was because I had seen most of the things that I wanted to, but have since come to the conclusion that it is due to the amount of time that I am spending with the other volunteers. Not that this is a bad thing, but I just feel that the blog isn't as interesting to read and that I'm not having the insights into myself that I was having. Again, it's nice to have other people to spend time with, but those aspects were very fulfilling. Oh well, I strike out on my own again in a few weeks. And the protests regarding Pakistan have begun in earnest. While I understand the fear, it comes from a place of love, this feeling was also felt before I came to Nepal. And look at how I fared here!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home