Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

26 June 2004

Well. I had a great realization today. I was sitting on the boat (feeling well actually!!), when it dawned on me that, 'I'm in Turkey.' Gotta say that was pretty cool. I guess that has happened a few times over the past several months, but todays was great, hanging off the edge of the boat, over the Med, looking across the flat water of the bay, I was quite content with being in Turkey. The dives today were great. Pretty good visibility, not much in the way of marine life, but I admit that I got spoiled on that in Thailand. However, there are lots of great rock formations, some pretty cool swim throughs and some nice people. I had a pretty good day. Last night I watched France and Greece play in the quarter finals of the Euro Championships. What a great game. France is such a great team. They pass well, execute set plays well, and just flow up and down the field like water. Thiery Henry missed two great shots, one a bicycle kick from just outside the box and another a header that was a bullet. Zizou was outstanding as was Makelele and Pires. They lost. 1-0. It really was going to be a first person to make a mistake game from the start. I love being able to watch football live, what a great sport.
Tomorrow more diving, hopefully a night dive!!! OH, and 30m as well (100ft), just to see if I get nitrogen narcosis. Plus you have to do one deep dive to get advanced open water. Kisses from the fishes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home