Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

17 November 2006

Seriously?

Cruising YouTube as I do every(day) once in a while, I came across this:



This is as bad as Shaq, The SF 49'ers, any of the sportsmen/women who decided that since that had the good fortune to have the skills to excell at one particular disipline that they could excell at another. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing a footie player being featured in a music video, but not doing the rapping. You want to hear a rapper? Check out Lyrics Born, DJ Shadow, Latyrix or anyone who seriouslly devotes themselves to putting out a good flow. Saul Williams comes to mind. Blackalicious.
Clint Dempsey, I'll buy a ticket to watch you play footie, but not rap. Show me how to flow down the field, you can't show me how to flow on stage.

What else has been up? I've been spending a fair amount of time the past few weeks working on my core, just trying to get stronger for climbing. The gym has a pair of gymnastic rings. I've been doing planks with my arms extended over my head for 15 seconds. I can do four or five of these. Last night I mixed in moving my arms to different positions, trying to work a variety of mussles. I've also started doing a little weight lifing. Nothing to serious, but a few thing to streghenth my knees (squats/lunges), and my upper back. We'll see if it helps my climbing. I can do a 5.11b/c / 5.11b double without to much worry. I'd like to be able to peel off four .11's in a row.
In some wonderful news, my older brother passed the California State Bar. I am so happy for him. He's really happy doing what he's doing (intellictual property), it's been a very long road for him. I'd say it's been hard, and it has no doubt, but he is so dedicated and focused that I didn't have any doubt that he would pass. WAY TO GO ALEX!!!!
Life seems to making small, but measureable steps towards good for me. I'm concentrating on completing a project at work that is coming at a very diffcult time (the holidays), but I'm going to get it done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home