Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

16 January 2007

New Footie Stuff!!!

My cleats are dying. Actually, they really are dead. The inside of the left one is cracked up at the joint for the big toe. Same for the inside of the right one. And the right one has a long, open crack on the outside of the foot. OH, and the left boot has three studs missing. And four more are on their way off. I also misplaced my ball. SO, since I got rid of my Banana Republic gift card that I got from the 'rents to AT (thanks man, YOU ROCK!). I decided to get some new footie stuff.
Cleats:
http://www.worldsoccershop.com/departments-footwear-diadora-fg-soccer-cleats-diadora-attiva-plus-rtx-12--white-.html

Ball:
http://www.worldsoccershop.com/departments-sale-gear-under--40-italy-quattro-stella-soccer-ball.html

AND Goals for the Sunday Pick-Up:
http://www.worldsoccershop.com/departments-coaching-gear-field---training-goal-sporting-goods-goal-to-go--black-.html

Now, I could have gotten a cheaper ball, but it's the Italian National Team ball. On sale. I couldn't say no.

I also want to put out here right now, before anyone else hears another story, CB, my roommate, juked me out of my socks on Sunday. Thoroughly defeated, I couldn't bring myself to chase him down. He scored a goal, and I dejectedly hung my head in shame. I guess it's all payback for when I kicked the ball in his face the week before. Props to CB.

In other news:
I'm taking this weekend off and heading up to Tahoe to see the Fam. It's the ritual "No Working on MY Birthday" get out of town. Last year was an awesome trip to Lassen with KJ, AT and MT, this year it's Tahoe. I think that I'm going to take two weeks off next year and get the hell out of the country. It'll be a fun weekend. Dinner tomorrow with my Cuz and her fam in Lincoln. Tahoe on Thursday, then Reno to see my Grandmother for breakfast, Godfather (the Judge) for lunch, South Lake for dinner. AT, MT, KB, SB, RU are all coming up, not for my b-day, but as a VERY NICE coincidence. Lucky me!!!! We've got dinner reservations on Saturday night, then I'm driving home early on Sunday. Why early? Because I like to. I hate traffic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home