Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

11 July 2004

Another bloody airport. More damn customs. More traveling more carrying all my crap with me (why did I bring things that I would only use for three days in Nepal? And not just one or two things. Like 5kgs worth of crap). The thought that crossed my mind was not a new one, "Do I really want to goto Morocco?". And the answer came back the "Not really." So here I am about to check in for my flight. I look down. Oh, wow, I am actually wearing shoes. My feet hurt. I am tired (perhaps staying up all night was not the best plan, or only getting 6hrs. the night before also not the best idea). My body slowly decided before my mind did. I get out of line. I walk to the information stand. "Excuse me, where can I get a train to Munich?" Central railway. "Thank you." And so here I sit. In Munich. I am hoping to get in touch with Alex but I don`t know where he is or how to get in contact with him. He might not even be in Munich. Doesn`t matter, I got sleep, lots of sleep. 8pm to 9am. Then I decided to go through EVERYTHING that I am hauling all over with me. I unpack all the compression stuff sacks. Every little pocket in both my backpacks. The clothing in the stuff sacks was funny. It was as though I had washed, then dried a piece of paper. A little crinkley. I unpacked my sleeping bag and thermorest. The sleeping has been stuffed for over a month. The termorest still had the lines in where I had folded it once it was inflated. It dawned on me that for the past month I had been wearing the same four t-shirts. Wearing the same pants had been going on since I was in Nepal. My jeans, haven´t touched them since I left Ca. I think I lost a roll of film, which is sad because it has my pictures from Saklakent gorge on it. Damn it. Only one roll in five months isn´t to bad. I am glad that´s the only thing I lost. Yesterday I almost lost my sanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home