Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

17 July 2004

Welcome to Amsterdam, City of, well, I'm sure that you already know.  But those are not the reasons that I am here.  Actually I was hoping to see some of the Dutch volunteers, but they are busy, so I am having to entertain myself.  Not so hard to do here.  Lots of great museums, I have already seen the Van Gogh (special exhibit by Manat, not Monet, sea scapes great stuff), another museum whos name I can't pronounce, walked about seeing the parks, later I plan on going on a canal tour.  This bugs me though, in a city of 700,000, there are 600,000 bikes and I can't find a place to watch Le Tour.  I will redouble my efforts.  I came here on Thursday night from Munich, there were two kids from Miluwakee in my car.  It seemed that their goal was to get plastered before the train ride and during it.  What fun that was.  *rolls eyes and shakes head*.  I felt sorry for the German business man in the car.  We made a bit of small talk, and I went to sleep.  Got my wake up call at 7am much to the chagrin of the two kids, ate breakfast and watched the German, then Dutch coutry side roll by.  Having never been to Venice, I think that Amsterdam is alot like it.  Right on the water, lots of canals, except that the Dutch don't seem to have problems with flooding, beautiful archtecture and wonderful people.  Right, sorry, then there are those "other things" you can do in Amsterdam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home