Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

17 March 2004

Not much to report today. Bought my first souvenier. Not for myself. As soon as I asked the guy how much it was in Nepali, he told me that he wouldn't cheat me on the price. 500r. Not to bad. I do have that feeling like I just left the car dealership, somehow, someway I got screwed. I was happy though, it'll look nice on someone's wall. I figured out how to get to school the short way, which should only take me 20mins as opposed to the 30 that I have been riding. Not that the long ride is bad, it is wonderful to get on the bike again, but it's nice to know that I don't have to get up so damn early anymore. Not that it's early like EARLY used to mean, but still, when one gets into a particular lifesytle, it sure is hard to get out of it. Hmm, I'm trying to recall some of the other things that have occured to me to write about but am drawing a blank at the moment. I must be getting old. One thing for ma, the kids are from Jr Kg to grade 4. Jr Kg kids are about 3-4, then on up to an 8y/o in 4. A broad spectrum of ages, and abilities to speak english. I read to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders to day, "The Lorax" by Dr. Seuss. I prefaced the read with a little talk about made up words, and how they did not really exist in the english language, but they sure were fun. They were mostly interested in the art work. Who was that behind the window, why don't they show his face, etc, etc. Love to all who are online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home