Going to Nepal

Joe's wild, zany adventures to Nepal and at home.

16 March 2004

So, I'm trying to get address to send post cards. If you'd like one, please email me your address: albrtwick@yahoo.com Other observations that I've been meaning to make: Food-Yes Steve-0, I eat the spicy food now. It was rather strange the other day realizing that the food was spicy hot and to my mouth it was just a salty sensation at the back of my mouth. The food here is mostly starch. The other night there was spinach at dinner and I did my best not to eat it all up. Rice and thalcurrie make up dinner and breakfast, but while thal is mostly vegetables, it's really almost all potatos. Yummy. Toast in the afternoon, man do I need a salad.
As I have stated before the schooling contines to amaze me. The teachers smack the students on the head, call them lazy, scream at them. The exact type of school system that I would have floundered at is the one that I start teaching in. Yeah. I try and insert a little fun into the day. I've read to them from Pablo Neurda and The Iiliad. I usually pick the parts where they are at war in the Iiliad, it's the only way to hold their attention.
On the issue of pictures. I'm still trying to locate a internet cafe that has XP, as my camera needs drivers that XP has, 2000 does not work and most places run 98. Anyone want to become an international software pirate? I'll bring you something nice. That's all from the foreign correspondant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home